Saturday, July 27, 2013

It begins

With all the extra time I've had lately since my brain gets tired from MCAT studying and decides that it won't let me process any more information, I've spent some time mindlessly surfing the world wide web. Well, I like to think that it's nourishing my brain.

For a few years now I've been semi-following fashion blogs, healthy eating blogs, and fitness blogs. A few weeks ago I realized that there are probably *gasp* running blogs! So I did some googling and found a few that made me laugh. While I am nowhere near as fast as these awesome runners, I thought it was time to start my own as a way for me to document my ups and downs of training and running in general.

In about 2.5 months, I am running my first full marathon at the amazing Nike Women's Marathon in SF. I can't wait to run around SF! Not sure if I'll be able to run the entire time because the hills during the first half are really brutal on the knees and quads.

My goal is to run the entire 26.2 miles with a 10:00-10:30 pace.


Yesterday's run: 6.0 miles, 51:49 at 8:37/mi
Today: Rest

Happy reading and running!

Jennrenn

No comments:

Post a Comment