Saturday, August 10, 2013

Los Gatos Dammit Run and New Running Toys!

This week, I decided to sign up for the 40th Annual Los Gatos Dammit Run! I have always wanted to run this. I also got one of my friends to run it with me! 

I was pretty upset with myself for walking part of both hills, but I ran 8 miles last night so I guess that's acceptable. I've been trying to listen to my body instead of pushing myself to nausea. It's been going well so far! I don't really like to run with other people, but this race reminded me of how exciting it is to be in a race environment. I love seeing the sea of runners making their way through the trail. Speaking of trail, almost the entire course was unpaved. It was harder than my normal runs.

Marbud got 7th place for men in the 18-29 age group! Whoo! He's so fast, it's not fair. I was really jealous. He didn't want to take a pic by himself with his medal. We got to the car and realized we didn't check the women's listing. I insisted that this was not necessary since I didn't feel that I ran well, but what do you know, I got 8th for women in the 18-29 age group! I was really surprised. YAYY!!!

Thanks for running with me, Marbs!

In case anyone was dying to know, I picked the Mizuno Wave Inspire 9's! I am so so excited to put some more mileage on them and see how they feel. Yesterday afternoon my mom went to Athletic Performance with me because sometimes I get tired of doing everything by myself. It's lonely. As Kristine at Athletic Performance promised, the Willow Glen location sent over some shoes in my size! I immediately tried on the Wave Inspires and ran around the block. I decided that the weight of these feel better than the Asics. I initially didn't like this color but it has grown on me. Plus it's different from anything I own. I usually gravitate towards the pinks and purps.

 

Oh, my running belt came:


My mom is currently my running photographer. I am accepting applications.





On Sunday, she and my dad went on a walk and brought these minions to cheer me on------------>



Okay last picture I promise. A lot of exciting deliveries and purchases were made this week, sorry.
 THIS CAME TODAY. FedEx dropped it off as I was writing this post. I am wearing it right now. It feels like heaven. Like my new shoes. 

Week of 8/3-8/10:
  • Sunday - 8 miles @ 8:31/mi. This felt amazing. I think it had to do with being well rested and hydrated. Oh and the lovely breezy weather. And running on a new part of the trail.
  • Monday - Rest
  • Tuesday - 1mi warm-up, then Track Workout with Alyssa
  • Wednesday - 4 mile Tempo + Foam roll
  • Thursday - supposed to be cross training but I was too tired from work. I did some abs and squats.
  • Friday - 8 miles @ 8:39/mi + Foam roll; This was ok. I'm not completely used to the new shoes yet. 
  • Saturday - Los Gatos Dammit Run! 5 miles with one long hill and one very steep hill + NTC tonight for strength training.
No new friends on the trail this week. Just more friendliness from runners I see frequently. I love when other runners smile/nod at me/each other. Sometimes I smile at people walking but then they don't reciprocate. It makes me sad. Today after the race people were like, Great Job, I saw you pass me! People are so nice sometimes.

2 comments: